In combination with phono amplifier GE-1 etc, CFz is one of the best MC step-up transformers to recover the rich musicality and highest sounding quality from analog disc.
Based on the silver wire application know-how compiled over many years in transformer winding, CFz is designed to reach full performance of a step-up transformer by using copper wire and a new and original winding technique.
In addition, a strong core, which is with the same design and material as SFz, is used to further improve the sound quality. Result is open and natural sound with stunning freshness, giving delicate expression with wide dynamic range.
- Newly developed multi-layers balanced style winding structure. Together with the use of pure silver wires, rich sound with refine smoothness is obtained.
- A large size core laminated of extremely thin 0.1 mm permalloy, realizing low loss and low distortion.
- Double shields structure made of a permalloy case and a pure copper inner case.
- Double float mechanical damping by special selected materials.
- Signal output is direct with minimum connections. Flagship silver cable Ls-41 is used as output cable.
- The chassis is made of pure copper to guarantee open sound and stable sound.
Multi-layer winding transformer
Multi-layer winding structure is used to maintain flat frequency response up to 100kHz. The peaking level is less than 1.5dB* even under no loaded condition at the secondary. (* connecting to a phono amplifier with 47kΩ input impedance.)
Extremely Thin Permalloy Core
Employed in the CFz is a large core built up with custom made ultra thin permalloy layers (100μm thickness). This unique design controls and suppresses eddy current and hysteresis loss to gain a flat response up to 100kHz. The core structure has a big sectional area and short magnetic circuit path to assure ultra low frequencies while maintaining extremely low distortion
Double Shield and Double Float Mechanical Damping Construction
The transformer is mounted in permalloy case and further covered by a inner chassis made of copper. The permalloy shield works against magnetic while the copper shields Fights the electrostatic.
The transformer is carefully held with damping gel. Special rubbers are is selected and used on the feet in order to further absorb mechanical vibration.
|Product||MC step-up transformer|
|Primary impedance||1.5Ω (for 1Ω～10Ω cartridge)，|
|30Ω (for 11Ω～40Ω cartridge)|
|Step-up ratio||34dB(1.5Ω), 20dB(30Ω)|
|Dimension||126mm(W) 96mm(H) 179mm(D)|